Ok, vacation's over.

I'm back. What can I say? I've been blogging for a decade now, and I can't stop. Blogs are part of my life at work, and also how I get things out of my head. They are how I communicate with friends that I might otherwise lose touch with, and they are how I can tell stories about my life. I'm going to go ahead and say it with some reserve: I love my blogs.

And with that, let's pick up things and start pedaling again!

I'm wrapping up a 10 day vacation, and here's the short of it:

First off, I needed it badly. Ten days away from the Bay Area was fantastic.

What did I do?

  • 2 days kayaking, camping, and exploring California's Lost Coast with Claire: One day in Whiskeytown, one at the mouth of the Klamath River where it opens into the Pacific (scary, majestic, brutal, humbling, freezing cold, miserable, and beautiful) in Yurok territory.
  • 1 day and night in Ashland, Oregon, my new favorite town to visit.
  • Flyfishing with not much luck due my own damn fault.
  • We hosted a fantastically fun BBQ with twelve good friends!
  • Hosted some friends from the Bay Area for an evening after said BBQ.
  • Drank an enjoyable amount of local beers and wines from the Real NorCal and Southern Oregon.
  • I turned 32 on June 28.
  • I put 200+ miles on the new Rivendell Rambouillet, which I have deemed The Blue Sheep™. I simply love the bike, and couldn't be happier with my decision. For those who have been emailing me, here is a painfully detailed set of photos. Enjoy! The head badge displays a true statement: Always willing, ever able.

    And be sure to take a look at Jeff's 108.67 mile day. Can you say salt? That's from the Mile High 100 ride we did a couple weeks ago.

    Oh, and I have a draft of my next post, tentatively titled, 'On Dogs, Dog Owners, and Bicyclists'. Inspired by the fact that I was chased by a dynamic duo that consisted of a Rottweiler and a Pit Bull on a recent ride from Chico to Red Bluff, and fueled by a flurry of recent posts around the web on the subject, it's time to put my thoughts out there. Stay tuned.

    Well, it's good to be back after a couple weeks off. Heh.

  • 2 Comments:

    At 8:54 PM, Blogger Jeff in Chico said...

    Glad to have you back. I was bored looking for other decent blogs to read. Thanks for the awesome burgers!

     
    At 1:59 PM, Blogger Tony Rocha said...

    Agrees with Jeff.

    Love the pics from the vacation. I'll have some to share in about 3 weeks! Hopefully they will look as nice as yours.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home