Monday, December 04, 2006

Team JuG and the Bobke

Last night Jeff and I had the pleasure of hanging out at Sierra Nevada Brewery, drink a few cold ones, and listen to Bob Roll tell story after hilarious story. I wouldn't know where to begin, but I'd suggest if you ever get the chance, go see him speak.

A couple of quick notes:
+ He is 100% convinced that Floyd Landis is innocent. After listening to his explanations of why, I'm starting to agree.

+ He purposely mispronounces Tour De France. His story about what led up to his conscious decision to do so had me in stitches. Let's just say he's "fond" of the French.

In other news, the 2007 KGSN cycling team was there as well; a lot of youngsters, and I hope that they kick some arse this year. Nearly all the KGSN elder statesmen have moved on to other, hopefully bigger and better teams. All of this year's sponsors had reps at the event, and I have to say, the Kuota bikes that the team will ride this year look beautiful... even if they are carbon. I didn't bother telling the Kodak Gallery folks that I worked at Flickr, but I'm sure they would've been cool with it. I'm thinking there needs to be a Flickr cycling team! :-)

We also ran into what seemed to be 70% of the Chico cycling community at the event. All the Chico cycling bloggers were there except for Tony Rocha. Chico Velo had big representation, as did Chico Corsa.

The other Chico Geno (with an E) was there. Here we are! What a blast!

4 comments:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

you want a Flickr cycling team? I've got a team a very photogenic women who might fit the bill!!!

Jeff O. said...

Man, that was a blast! Good food, good beer, lots of laughing and getting to see cyclists in something other than lycra.

Anonymous said...

What were Bobke's reasons?

Unknown said...

Yeah, once again I've missed the boat! It looks like you guys had a great time.

That picture of you, Jeff and Bob is funny as Bob's hair is a bit crazy reminding me of Nick Nolte.

Oh, Flickr cycling team, cool idea. Gino, I'm surprised there isn't someone working at Yahoo who hasn't approached mgmt about some sort of sponsorship in cycling, even if at the club level.

Oh, and how does it feel to be one of the bigger Gino's in town? (in regards to your pic with Geno)