Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Are there more bums in Chico lately?

Note: not cycling related

Is it just me, or is there a much higher number of permanent fixtures downtown than there were even a year ago? And by fixtures I mean drug addicted deviants that have no desire for any civic help. They aren't "homeless." They're just hanging around to cause trouble.

If you were to ask me, it seems like the number has shot through the roof lately.

I hope that Chico isn't turning into a spineless town that encourages bums to hang around. It'd be a sad day to see the last good town in California end up with the likes of Santa Cruz or Berzerkeley. Come on people, grow some cojones!

May I suggest the citizens of Chico donating a bus that ships all the street slugs to Santa Cruz? Cruzios seem to have a special affinity for bums, so I'm sure they would have no problem with a few more busloads courtesy of Chico.

But really, how do we as proud citizens of Awesomeville, USA protect what's so great? Chico has probably 1/10th the bums of Santa Cruz right now, but is the tide turning?

Where have all the cowboys gone?

No comments: