Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Rode to work today

For the first time since early March I rode to work this morning. I'm still under heavy antibiotics and Prednisone, so I knew I'd be weak. But holy mackerel, am I weak! I mashed through 3 miles, and it felt like 63! I had to lay under my desk for a minute to recoop.

I'm still not well, and it's well known that the Prednisone demolishes one's immune system, so maybe it was a bad idea to ride. But between the marathon illness in my body and forecasts like this:

... I just can't take much more. I'm going nutso! Bwaffo! Looney!

The rain felt fantastic splashing off my face. I started sweating a little under my rain gear, and that felt great. I even enjoyed sitting in the rain at traffic lights. But maaaan, do I have a long healing and training road ahead when I'm finally done with all this medicine.

I feel very fortunate to be able to ride again, even if it feels like I've never been on a bike.

No comments: