Monday, April 03, 2006

Tour de France update

1) OK, for those of you who were too nice to email me or post about my previous Tour De France contest winnings, it was in fact an April Fools gag. I did get a couple emails from dear friends, but you guys should've known better. Plus, the post starts with a big green 'Saturday, April 01, 2006'. Ha!

2) I woke up this morning feeling pretty damn good for the first time in a few months, which has me prety excited that I'll be back on the bike as soon as I'm done with these antibiotics.

3) The Prednisone insomnia has passed, but the drug has made me a lot more aggressive than usual, and given me a reeeeeeally positive outlook on a lot of things. Now I'm wondering if I can eat pills that would have the same effect without the insomnia. I'd be a working machine! Any suggestions?

4) The antibiotics I'm taking (2 weeks left) make me extremely sensitive to UV light. Saturday I built a flagstone patio, and even in the mostly Seattle-like weather my face and neck look like cooked lobster. And I had on SPF30. Oh well, it secretly feels good... like I've been on the bike. Oh, and cyclist pipe cleaner arms are no good for lifting 2000lbs. of rock four different times. My upper body feels rocked!

5) My right ear is still ringing like a mofo, but I can hear out of it now. Hopefully the ringing will cease soon.

Hey Chico dudes and chicks, what say we have a weekend BBQ thing sometime soon now there's some daylight?

Well, it's time to head off to the pixel mines...

2 comments:

Jeff O. said...

I would have to say that the reason you are feeling better is the breakfast you had at the Cozy. It had medicinal qualities that can only be found in hashbrowns.

Gino Zahnd said...

Ha. You and hashbrowns. I guess hippies and their home fries just don't cut it.