Monday, June 12, 2006

Team JuG spotted at Chico Outlaws game



Famed Chico-based cyclists, Principal Jeff und Chico Gino were spotted drinking copious amounts of Sierra Nevada pale ale from plastic cups at the Chico Outlaws season opener. News at 11.

In other news, Team JuG rode this weekend with a fellow named Eric, a CSU Chico Physics professor, who proceeded to spank us with great vigor and force up Honey Run. We met him at One Mile in Bidwell Park, and he asked, "Hey, do you guys mind if I tag along?"

I responded, "I don't know man, if you come I think I'll be the one tagging along."

He was one of those guys whose face looked chiseled from granite. His chin looked sharp. About 6'1" and 155 pounds - yeah that type.

When we hit the first climb on Honey Run Rd., he took off not to be seen again - until I woke him from his nap at the top... (kidding, he wasn't sleeping. But had certainly been waiting for quite a while). He looked up calmly, and smilingly said, "Hey, I broke my Honey Run PR today"

Between Eric schooling me on the hills and Jeff schooling me on the flats and downhills, I have to say I was worked after that ride. Fantastic time.

3 comments:

Jeff O. said...

We look rather jovial in that pic. I attibute that to good team morale fostered by cold inspiration.

Unknown said...

Damn people who go up hill quickly.

We ought to have a TT up Honey Run with the winner having the slowest time to the top!

Gino Zahnd said...

Ha. When I was a kid, we used to have "slow races" on our BMX bikes. We'd choose a short distance and whoever finished last without touching a foot to the ground won. I wonder how beer would effect slow races?