Sunday, June 25, 2006

This blog is going on vacation

Jeff and I rode the Mile High 100 this weekend. He did the 108 mile century, I rode the 100k metric century. It was the first time I took my new Rivendell Rambouillet out, and the short of it is that I love the bike. It climbs like a rhino, but otherwise the comfort, handling, and predictability of the bike far outweigh the fact that I have to work twice as hard to get up hills. No back pain, no neck pain, just leg pain - which is where the pain should be when you're on a bike.

On the ride, I also realized that I've been neglecting this blog lately because I'm so busy, and frankly I'm tired of adding to the information obesity that exists on the internet. On that note, it's time to take a summer vacation from the blog. Time to ride. Time to fish. Time to be with my wife. Time to camp out and drink beer. But not time to spend any more time in front of this computer!

I'll still post photos over at my Flickr page, but otherwise things will be silent here for a couple of months.

Have a good summer, I'll see you back here when it cools off and there's not so much delicious daylight outside!

-Chico Gino

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn Gino, now what am I supposed to read while at work?

I look forward to your return to blogging. Enjoy your summer!

BBQ?

Gino Zahnd said...

I don't know how long I'll be away - I've already been tempted to write! I need to focus on some other things for a month or so, but I'll definitely be back. I've been blogging since 1995 - I can't stop now.

And absolutely, BBQ July 8, Zahnd World Headquarters. I'll send out an email soon.

Unknown said...

I'm sure you've got some opinions about the news this morning. My head is spinning over all the riders booted from the tour.

Gino Zahnd said...

Trying to avoid writing... haha. I don't know how long I'll last.

Anonymous said...

Damn and I just found this blog.. Having gone to Chico State and ridden all of those rides early nineties...I was/am really looking forward to reading all about the rides/people again... you are saved to my "My Yahoo" page...